What We Do
- Inspect all commercial occupancies, including multifamily dwellings, in intervals established by state statute.
- Review plans for new construction, alterations, additions for commercial work (mercantile, business, place of assembly, educational, residential) and following up by conducting progress construction inspections to insure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Investigate cause and origin of fires and report same to State Fire Marshal.
- Work with residents and contractors to install alternative water sources in areas of town outside of the public water supply zone.
- Assist residents with concerns/questions regarding personal fire safety in their homes.
- Work with all Land Use agencies to facilitate permit applications for new construction, additions, alterations, etc. to commercial buildings, mercantile/retail occupancies, restaurants, schools, churches, etc.
- Provide consultation to customers regarding the status of underground oil tanks for homes in New Canaan
- Issue and monitor blasting permits in New Canaan.
- Conduct public education events teaching fire safety in the community
- Assist in obtaining Fireworks permits; supervise Fireworks events
Main Telephone: 203-594-3030
Town Hall, Lower Level
77 Main St
New Canaan, CT 06840