Phase 3 Reopening
As CT transitions to Phase 3 of Governor Lamont’s Reopening Plan on October 8th, wearing masks, socially distancing, and washing hands regularly continues to be important.
The following are key changes in Phase 3 Sector Rules:
- Increase from 50 percent to 75 percent capacity indoors – subject to COVID-19 safety requirements – for restaurants, personal services, hair salons, barber shops, and libraries;
- Indoor performing arts venues will be able to open at 50 percent capacity with masks and social distancing requirements; and
- Bars will continue to remain closed.
Events and gatherings:
- For private social and recreational gatherings, the limit will be 50% capacity capped at 100 people. Gatherings at private homes is capped at 25 people.
- Religious gatherings will be limited to 50% capacity capped at 200 people.
The Town Halloween Block Party on Elm Street will not take place this year.
- DPH recommends that Connecticut residents avoid higher risk Halloween traditions and focus celebrations on the lower and moderate risk activities. The ability to maintain social distancing and follow face covering rules is especially important when participating in Halloween activities.
- In addition, please refrain from leaving your home for any Halloween activity and do not pass out Halloween candy if you are ill or have traveled to one of the states listed on the Connecticut travel advisory between October 16th and October 30th (i.e., 14 days before Halloween).
For additional guidance with respect to Halloween, please click here: https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/Communications/Guidance/Connecticut-Halloween-Guidance.