What We do
The Team is tasked with analyzing the Town’s ADA Compliance Efforts and implement, where necessary, changes to the Town’s policies, procedures and infrastructure to ensure that they adhere to the guidelines set forth in the ADA Regulations. Specifically, the Team would be tasked with the following:
1. Provide Notice of ADA Requirements
2. All public entities must provide information to applicants, participants, beneficiaries, employees and other interested parties regarding the rights and protections afforded by Title II
3. Establish a Grievance Procedure
4. All public entities must adopt and publish grievance procedures providing prompt and equitable resolution of grievances arising under Title II
5. Conduct a Self-Evaluation
All public entities must conduct a self-evaluation. The self-evaluation is a comprehensive review of the current policies and practices, including communications and employment.
6. Develop a Transition Plan
All public entities must develop a transition plan when structural changes to existing facilities are necessary in order to make a program, service or activity accessible to people with disabilities.
Tiger Mann – Director of Public Works/Senior Engineer: ADA Compliance Coordinator Tiger.Mann@newcanaanct.gov (203) 594-3056 work (203) 594-3129 (fax)
Cheryl Jones – Director of Human Resources
Brian Platz – Chief Building Official and Director of Land Use
Paul Payne – Assistant Building Official
Annette Ross – New Canaan Resident – Representing the Disabled Community - Liaison
Chris Kaiser - Director of Information Technology