Road Construction Updates alert close
News From Town Hall alert close
Parks & Recreation Field Notification alert close

Veteran's Discharge

Veteran's Discharge Papers (Form DD214) can be filed, free of charge, at the Town Clerk's Office and, in some circumstances, may serve to qualify the veteran for local tax relief through the Assessor's Office.

The Town Clerk will keep a copy of the document for safekeeping in the Town's archives, return the original to the veteran, and give notice to the Assessor who will then make the final determination.

Duplicate copies of Form DD214 can be obtained by requesting and completing a Standard Form 180 (SF180) and mailing the request to: National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63132-5100. The form may also be obtained by calling 800-827-1000.

To link to the Veterans Affairs Web site, go to: Veterans Affairs (You will leave the Town of New Canaan Web site, please come back).

For more information, please call the Town Clerk's Office, 203-594-3070 Monday - Friday 8AM - 3PM or come in person.