“Make Your Beagle Legal”!
This year, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are requesting that all licensing be done through the mail or online. No “in-person” licenses will be issued due to limited access to Town Hall and for the health and safety of our residents and our employees.
Gov. Lamont’s Executive Order #7II –
You have an additional 30 days, until August 1st, to license
before late fees of $1 per month will be applied.
To Renew Online:
- Click here (pay by credit card or electronic check)
- Please be sure that your dog is up-to-date with rabies vaccination and that you have previously provided us with any updated information.
To Renew by Mail:
- Send a check or money order, payable to the New Canaan Town Clerk: Town Clerk Dog Licensing, P.O. Box 447, New Canaan, CT 06840
- Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Please include any updated rabies vaccination information, if necessary. (Originals will be returned to you)
To Register a Dog for the 1st Time:
- Download the application. Mail application along with original rabies vaccination certificate, proof of spaying or neutering if applicable, and a check payable to the New Canaan Town Clerk. (Your originals will be returned to you.)
- Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Mail to: Town Clerk Dog Licensing, P.O. Box 447, New Canaan, CT 06840.
Note from the Town Clerk:
You have no idea how much I will miss seeing my four-footed friends this year… they always bring me such great joy when they come “in-person” for a biscuit and their license. Hopefully I will see you next year – Until then, stay safe, be kind, be well, and enjoy!
~ Claudia A. Weber, Town Clerk