For an Absentee Ballot Application, please click here
To view a sample ballot for the November 2, 2021 Municipal Election, please click here
Absentee ballots are issued by the Town Clerk's Office to eligible voters for all elections, primaries, and referenda. (Special restrictions may be in effect during a referendum.) Registered voters who are eligible to vote by absentee ballot include those persons:
- who are ill;
- who are physically disabled;
- who are serving in the military;
- who are out-of-town on election day;
- who are serving as poll workers in a district other than their own;
- whose religion forbids secular activity on election day;
- who are concerned about Covid-19. All voters are eligible to vote by absentee ballot in the municipal election held on November 2, 2021 due to concerns about COVID-19. Just check the COVID-19 box on the application.
First, you must fill out an Absentee Ballot Application and return it to the Town Clerk. Upon receipt and approval of the application, a ballot will be mailed or handed to you.
Second, you must execute your ballot and return it to the Town Clerk by the close of polls in order for your vote to count.
We encourage all voters to use the Official Ballot Drop-Box in front of the main entrance to Town Hall for both applications and absentee ballots.
To execute the process by mail, please send applications or executed ballots to:
Claudia A. Weber, Town Clerk
P.O. Box 447
New Canaan, CT 06840