What We Do
The Tax Collector's Office provides billing and collection of real estate, personal property, motor vehicle and sewer fees, and special assessment billings. Taxes are billed and collected semi-annually on real estate and annually on motor vehicles, and personal property.
Paying your JULY 2020 Taxes
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Tax Office Counter will NOT be open at this time. Please choose one of the following options to make your July payments:
1) Use the Drop Box located in the Town Hall Lobby. If you would like a stamped receipt, please note that on your envelope.
2) Pay ONLINE
3) CASH PAYMENTS – Do NOT leave cash in the Drop Box. You may make all cash payments at either Bankwell location drive-thru from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm (156 Cherry Street or 208 Elm Street).
4) You can mail your payment to 77 Main Street, New Canaan, CT 06840. Ask for a stamped receipt if you would like us to send you one.
Delinquent payments must be mailed to:
P.O. Box 505
New Canaan, CT 06840-0505
Computer Printouts - $.50 Per Copy
Copies - $.50 Per Copy
Reprint of Tax Bill - $1.00 Per Bill
Return Check Fee - $26.00
If you have received a notice from (TAXSERV) the collection agency
Please do not call our office
We no longer have your information
Your file has been forwarded to the collection agency (TAXSERV)
Please call the number on your correspondence.
Please note the following:
- IF YOU ARE NO LONGER ESCROWED AND NEED A BILL, YOU CAN LOOK UP YOUR ACCOUNT HERE OR CALL THE TAX COLLECTOR OFFICE (203-594-3064) TO REQUEST A BILL.
- You must notify the Connecticut Motor Vehicle Department and the Assessor's Office within 48 hours when you have a change of address.
- If you no longer own your vehicle, you must cancel your registration with the CT DMV and obtain a plate receipt. Send a copy of that plate receipt to the Assessor's Office.
- If you are missing a tax bill, you can look your bill up HERE or contact the Tax Collector's office. FAILURE TO RECEIVE A TAX BILL DOES NOT INVALIDATE THE TAX OR INTEREST DUE ON YOUR TAX.
- Connecticut General Statutes do not grant Tax Collectors the authority to waive interest fees.
Main Number 203-594-3064
Fax Number 203-594-3130
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Rosanna DiPanni, CCMC, Tax Collector
Janice Bouton,CCMC, Assitant Tax Collector
Lia Toth, Clerk
Town Hall, First Floor
77 Main Street
New Canaan, CT 06840