Youth Soccer - Fall 2020 Learn, Play, Fun
- Two fields will be located significantly apart from each other for Recreation Soccer games on Saturdays.
- Game times will be offset to eliminate cross over of players coming and going.
- A team box will be lined on the field 12 x 14 for keeping players from mixing with spectators.
- Maintain 6 feet between players (within your team box) when not participating
- Spectators- 6 foot social distancing between households. 6 feet away from sideline
- Face coverings are required on coaches and spectators at all times. Face coverings for players required when arriving and leaving the field. Face coverings are not required on players during the game.
- Team distribution of snacks is not permitted. No sharing of water bottles. Players and spectators will leave the field immediately following the end of the game. No post-game gatherings.
- Coaches are required to keep rosters of who was at games each Saturday so we can do contact tracing quickly. Keep these records at home in case you are requested to provide them.
- Report to the Recreation Department any cases of COVID-19 player illness or exposure.
- Coaches will create situations during practices that minimize crowding of players
- Grades 1-5 Goaltenders- must wear gloves
- No touching of the soccer ball. All balls leaving the field of play will be kick in’s from the sideline. Because this situation will encourage grouping of players, coaches will kick the ball in for their team but not before spacing players on the field.
- Following games, teams will not exchange high-fives with the opponent.
With the establishment of a rival soccer program in town, the New Canaan Recreation Department will continue to offer Recreation Soccer in the spring and fall seasons for grades Kindergarten through sixth grades. We will maintain to provide our quality program for New Canaan children and parents.
Registration will open online through the Recreation Department WebTrac Online Registration System beginning July 1st. You must have a password and ID login along with a credit card to access the system which you may obtain by contacting the Recreation Department Office. Anyone with the password and ID may enter the site from this link
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION
Recreation Fall Soccer includes instruction and league games for boys and girls in grades K-6. The Saturday only program is held at Waveny Park from mid-September through October. Children are assigned to a team with volunteer coaches and play league games on Saturdays. The program is in need of volunteer coaches and assistant coaches for Saturdays only. Prior experience is helpful but not necessary. Anyone interested in coaching or assisting can sign-up at the time of registration or call the Recreation Department.
Coach- Player Medical Release Form
Program Dates and Fees
Grades K-6 Boys & Girls: $35. per person, additional fee for NR qualifying participants
Fall Soccer Registration begins July 1; Deadline: Friday, August 28, 2020
Coaches ONLY Shirts & Schedules Pick-up: Thursday, September 3 at the Recreation Office
League Begins: Saturday, September 12
League Ends: October 31