Youth Soccer - Fall 2021 Learn, Play, Fun
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLICK HERE
Registration starts July 1
- Two fields will be located significantly apart from each other for Recreation Soccer games on Saturdays.
- A team box will be lined on the field 12 x 14 for keeping players from mixing with spectators.
- Team distribution of snacks is not permitted. No sharing of water bottles.
- Coaches are required to keep rosters of who was at games each Saturday so we can do contact tracing quickly. Keep these records at home in case you are requested to provide them.
- Report to the Recreation Department any cases of COVID-19 player illness or exposure.
- Grades 1-5 Goaltenders- must wear gloves
- No touching of the soccer ball. All balls leaving the field of play will be kick in’s from the sideline. Because this situation will encourage grouping of players, coaches will kick the ball in for their team but not before spacing players on the field.
- Following games, teams will not exchange high-fives with the opponent.
With the establishment of a rival soccer program in town, the New Canaan Recreation Department will continue to offer Recreation Soccer in the spring and fall seasons for grades Kindergarten through sixth grades. We will maintain to provide our quality program for New Canaan children and parents.
Registration will open online through the Recreation Department WebTrac Online Registration System beginning July 1st. You must have a password and ID login along with a credit card to access the system which you may obtain by contacting the Recreation Department Office.
Recreation Fall Soccer includes instruction and league games for boys and girls in grades K-6. The Saturday only program is held at Waveny Park from mid-September through October. Children are assigned to a team with volunteer coaches and play league games on Saturdays. The program is in need of volunteer coaches and assistant coaches for Saturdays only. Prior experience is helpful but not necessary. Anyone interested in coaching or assisting can sign-up at the time of registration or call the Recreation Department.
Coach- Player Medical Release Form
Program Dates and Fees
Grades K-6 Boys & Girls: $35. per person, additional fee for NR qualifying participants
Fall Soccer Registration begins July 1; Deadline: Friday, August 27, 2021
Coaches ONLY Shirts & Schedules Pick-up: Thursday, September 2 at the Recreation Office
League Begins: Saturday, September 11
League Ends: October 30
Refund Policy Recreation Programs and Permits- Refunds will be processed through the same form of original payment, except cash refunds will be processed by check. No pro-rated partial refunds. Recreation Programs- for all programs other than Day Camp and B/ASF classes, a full refund is given if withdrawal notification is received up to 7 days prior to the program start with return of unused t-shirt, less administrative fee of $5.00. Day Camps-full refund given if withdrawal notification is received up to ten days prior to the session start, less administrative fee of $5.00. B/ASF classes- $5 fee assessed if parent notification to the Recreation Department occurs up to 7 days before the start of the class. $25 fee assessed if notification occurs within 7 days before the start of the class. No refunds will be issued after the class starts. Facility Permits- no refunds on permits for Pool, Kiwanis, Tennis, Paddle.