Waveny Park Swimming Pool 2020 (Lifeguard Station Phone 203-594-3627)
- Waveny Pool will open for the season on June 17th
- Waveny Pool permit sales will go on sale JUNE 10th using the online registration system.
- Non-resident family permits will not be sold this year
The Town of New Canaan Recreation Department is happy to announce that the Waveny Pool will open TBD Memorial Day Weekend 2020 May 23, 24, 25 on limited hours, and for the 2020 season on TBD Saturday, May 30. Our outdoor pool facility features a 50-meter pool complete with lap lanes, a diving well, handicap access, and plenty of room for people of all ages to enjoy. For the young children, there is a "Kiddie Pool" which offers a zero depth entry and exciting water features including a giant mushroom and playful water jets to laugh and play in. The pools are complemented by a beautiful pavilion that includes dressing rooms, showers, a lifeguard first aid station, and a full service snack bar. Welcoming shade structures have been installed surrounding the pool as an added feature. A summer series of swim lessons will be coordinated through the Recreation Department and will include weekday morning instruction for boys and girls ages 4 and older. A full schedule of swim lessons will be announced in June. Entrance to the pool facility will be through a photo identification card access system.
Waveny Pool Facebook Page (click here)
CLASSIFICATION OF MEMBERSHIPS 2020
2020 passes will go on sale starting JUNE 10th. (The number of passes sold is limited due to legal occupancy limits)
RESIDENT FAMILY AQUATIC PASS $455.00 $300
Includes husband/wife and all unmarried children under 21 years of age living with them with unlimited pool usage. Children who attend college full time (proof required) during the school year may be included regardless of age. A family with this membership has the option to purchase an additional Nanny/AuPair Pass. A Family aquatic pass will also include a free Kiwanis Park Membership for entrance to the Kiwanis Park swimming facility.
INDIVIDUAL SENIOR CITIZEN PASS $80.00 $50
Individual pass for age 62 and older (proof of age required) with unlimited pool usage. The purchase of this pass will also include one free Kiwanis Park Membership for entrance to the Kiwanis Park swimming facility.
INDIVIDUAL ADULT/YOUTH PASS $195.00 $130
Individual Pass with unlimited pool usage. An individual Adult Pass will also include one free Individual Kiwanis Park Membership for entrance to the Kiwanis Park Swimming Facility.
NANNY/AU PAIR PASS $130.00 $80
Individual pass for care-giver supervising children of a family aquatic pass holder. This pass may only be purchased by the resident family aquatic pass holder and requires a letter of full-time employment. This individual has limited use and may only enter the pool with a member of the family who purchased the permit. No guests are allowed with this individual. The purchase of this pass will also include one free Nanny/Au Pair Kiwanis Park Membership.
Daily Guest Fees:
All guests - $10/day Credit card payment only
A guest may enter the pool in the company of a valid pass holder (exception: Nanny/AuPair may not bring a guest). The valid pass holder must pay the guest fee at the gate prior to entering the pool. A valid pass holder has a limit of 6 guests per family per day.
Term Guest Pass- $80
Resident pass holders, except Nanny/AuPair, have the option to purchase a 10-visit guest pass card for $80. This pass will be used at the gate only by the permit holder to permit the entry of a single guest. It can be used a total of 10 times during the season. It will be sold only in advance during the weekday business hours at the Recreation Office in Waveny House.
HOW TO OBTAIN A MEMBERSHIP
Waveny Pool permits will go on sale starting June 10th. The purchase of a Waveny Pool Pass may only be made online through the Recreation Department Online Registration System. To purchase a pass, you will need to login with a household account username and password. The fee must be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) at the time of registration.
Photo Identification Card
Entrance to the Waveny Pool will be permitted by a Photo Identification Card only. A photo of each individual, ages 2 and older, will be taken at membership registration. Children under the age of 2 require a membership pass but without a photo. This Photo ID Card must be presented and swiped at the gate upon each and every entry to the pool with no exceptions. Pass holders must present their Photo ID Card to sign in a guest. Lost pass/reprint fee is $5.
AFTER YOU PURCHASE YOUR PASS ONLINE, WE WILL PRINT THE INDIVIDUAL PHOTO ID CARDS AT THE RECREATION OFFICE AND LEAVE THEM FOR PICK UP AT THE WAVENY POOL GATE ATTENDANT.
To simplify the membership process, if you have a picture on file at the Recreation Office, you are not required to retake the photo each year. New pictures are only required every two years.
WAVENY POOL HOURS OF OPERATION 2020
June 19- August 23 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
June 17 - August 7 - 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
August 10 - August 21 - 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
August 24 – August 28 - TBD
Saturday, July 4 - 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Labor Day Weekend September 5, 6, 7 12:00- 6:00 p.m.
WAVENY POOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
POOL CAPACITY - 240 SWIMMERS IN THE WATER
FACILITY CAPACITY – 320 PATRONS
KIDDIE POOL – 30 SWIMMERS IN THE WATER, 40 PATRONS INSIDE FENCED AREA
- STAY HOME If You Don’t Feel Well or You or Anyone in Your Family is SICK
- PLEASE Arrive at the Pool DRESSED in your Swim Suit Ready to Swim
- There are NO Changing Facilities Available
- There are NO Showers Available, only the Two Outside Showers for Rinsing Off
- Locker Rooms are Limited to Bathroom Use Only
- Please Wear a MASK (Children under 3 Not Required) at ALL TIMES When out of the Water, Sitting on a Blanket or Lawn areas, at the Snack Bar, When Using the Bathrooms or When Entering or Exiting the Pool
- PLEASE Practice 6’ Social Distancing Rules at All Times In and Out of the Water
- No Gathering of Groups From Different Households
- Lap SWIMMERS Limited to ONE Swimmer per Lane
- Please use Hand Sanitizer or Wash Hands after using Bathroom Facilities
- The Water Fountains Are Closed, ONLY the Bottle Fill Station is Available
Please Be Safe and Follow the Rules
1. All members 2 years of age and older are required to have a Photo Identification Card. Members will not be admitted to the pool without their I.D. Card.
2. Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times while at the pool facility. After 6:00 p.m., children 14 and under must be supervised by an adult.
3. The Kiddie Pool is reserved for children ages 7 and under and all children ages 5 and under must be supervised by an adult in the water with them at all times.
4. Proper swimming attire is mandatory. No cut-offs, dungaree shorts or T-shirts are allowed in the water. Swimsuits must conform to accepted standards of decency.
5. Children who are not toilet trained must wear waterproof pants over cloth diapers or swimmies while in the water. DISPOSABLE DIAPERS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE KIDDIE POOL OR MAIN POOL. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. For sanitary purposes, please take children in diapers into the changing rooms to remove dirty diapers and to wash your child thoroughly with warm water and soap before entering the water. This will help prevent germs from getting in the water and prevent water illnesses.
6. The Town is not responsible for loss of theft of personal property. Do not bring jewelry, wallets or other items of value to the Pool.
7. Persons with the following conditions in evidence will be refused admission to the Pool: skin diseases, sore or inflamed eyes, colds or flu, nasal or ear discharges, communicable diseases (by State Law), excessive sunburn, open blisters, cuts, bandages or casts. Patrons under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be denied entrance to the pool area.
8. State of Connecticut Health Code Regulations require all persons to shower with warm water and soap before entering the Pool. This will help prevent germs from getting in the pool and prevent water illnesses.
9. By State Law, spitting and/or blowing the nose in the water is prohibited.
10. Running, pushing others into the pool, use of profane language, or any behavior causing an annoyance or danger to others is prohibited at the pool. Violation of this rule may result in suspension of pool privileges.
11. Only U.S.C.G. approved Type I, II, and III flotation devices, other vest-like flotation devices, bathing suits with built-in floats on front and back, and two-sided learn-to-swim devices secured with a harness are permitted for use at the Waveny Pool. No other swim or flotation equipment of any kind is allowed in the water, except when being used by Recreation Department activity. SCUBA equipment, including mask, fins and snorkel are prohibited.
12. Jumping or diving from the sides of the pool is prohibited. No swimming is permitted in the diving area or in front of diving boards.
13. Diving is only allowed in the deep end from the two diving boards. Diving boards are open for use only when a lifeguard is on duty. One person at a time on the diving board, no running on the board and the area in front of the diving board must clear at all times. Persons using the diving boards must dive or jump straight off the board and exit the pool by the ladder closest to the diving board used. No diving off the side of the board.
14. Lap swim lanes and adult swim are for ages 18 and up. Identification will be required.
15. No hanging on lane lines. No swimming under lap lanes.
16. Health regulations prohibit Food, drink, or gum on the deck or the in the pool. Eating and drinking is allowed only in the refreshment area.
17. Smoking (cigarettes, cigars, pipes, electronic smoking devices) is not permitted within the Aquatic Facility.
18. Dogs and other animals are not permitted in the Aquatic Facility.
19. All litter must be placed in trash receptacles.
20. No alcoholic beverages are allowed at the Waveny Pool.
21. No glass of any kind is permitted in the Aquatic Facility or locker rooms.
22. Cameras, camera phones and all visual recording devices are not allowed in the bathrooms and locker rooms.
23. Changing of baby diapers is only permitted in the men’s and women’s locker rooms or the family changing room. Baby changing stations are available in all three locations.
24. To prevent disturbances, the playing of radios or boom boxes is not allowed.
25. A Lightning Detection System is now installed near the Waveny Pool Facility. When this system activates and audible alarm and strobe light, it is warning all patrons to please clear the water and facility and move to your car for protection. The Waveny Pool will not reopen until the Lightning Detection System sounds an alarm to the lifeguards who will re-open the facility at that time.
26. Patrons must be out of the water 15 minutes prior to the closing time and out of the pool facility at closing time.
27. The Recreation Department reserves the right to change existing rules; regulate hours of use; enact new rules to meet the changing conditions at the pool; clear the pool area during threat of electrical storms or other potentially hazardous situations; close a portion of the pool for special events or swim team activities. Lifeguards have the final decision regarding all pool rules.
28. COVID-19 special rules