Spencer's Run Dog Socialization Area
Spencer's Run will open Saturday, May 30
Only current registered active members with a user code are permitted to enter the Spencer's Run
No new permits are being sold at the moment.
- All dog park visitors assume the risk of using Spencer's Run during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Be mindful of frequently touched surfaces such as gate latches. Consider using gloves
- Do not share equipment or toys
- Practice proper social distancing of 6 feet from others at all times
- Wear a mask or face covering where social distancing measures are hard to maintain
- Limit your interactions and time spent in the Spencer's Run
- Have hand sanitizer readily available
- The town is not sanitizing surfaces
- There are no bathroom facilities available
New Canaan offers a 1.5 acre off-leash area for dogs to run and play with other canine friends. It is located near the Lapham Road entrance to Waveny Park. All dogs must be wearing a current dog license and current rabies tag. The park is monitored by the Animal Control Officer/Park Ranger.
Rules and Regulations
RULES FOR SPENCER’S RUN
July 1, 2013
All dogs must be free of communicable illnesses or external conditions, such as parasites, fleas, mange, or kennel cough.
• Do not allow others to enter without their own pin code or swipe card.
• All dogs must be spayed or neutered.
• Dogs must display current rabies tag, Town license, and Spencer’s Run ID
tags on their collars at all times when in the Dog Park.
• Children five and under are prohibited from entering Spencer’s Run – no
exceptions. This is for the protection of the children.
• Children under 15 years must be accompanied by an adult and should not run, chase dogs, or pet other people’s dogs unless permission is granted by the owner. Children are not allowed to bring toys into the park, such as sports equipment.
• Dogs displaying aggressive behavior toward people or other dogs must be leashed and immediately removed from the park by owners/handlers.
• Owner/Handler maximum of 3 dogs per visit.
• Owners/handlers must remain inside of the fenced area, with leash in hand, and within view of their dogs at all times.
• Owners/handlers must properly clean up after their dog(s) and take their dog’s waste when leaving Spencer’s Run. All waste must be disposed of only in the dumpster, which is located in the parking lot.
• Owners/handlers must stop their dogs from digging and immediately fill any holes in order to help avoid injuries.
• No dog treats, rawhide chews, human food, alcohol or smoking are allowed within the fenced area. No glass containers are allowed.
• When entering Spencer’s Run, remove your dog(s) leash only in the corralled area. Prong collars, choke collars and chains, or spike collars must be removed from dogs prior to entering the run.
Violation of these rules could result in suspension or revocation of privilege to
Use the Dog Park.
For further information, please visit www.spencersrunwaveny.info
or email email@example.com