High School Tennis Courts open to New Canaan residents Saturday May 9
Exciting news for residents as the Town will be opening the public courts at the New Canaan High School beginning this Saturday, May 9. This opening also announces rules for tennis players along with State of Connecticut emergency order COVID-19 restrictions currently in effect. The Recreation Department will be positioning paid monitors at the facility to manage reservations, rules and safety. We have also set up an online court reservation system for your convenience and information will be listed below. In order to manage an expected high-demand for play, the state recommends following USTA guidelines for play during the COVID-19 pandemic along with rules enforced for the fairness and safety of the participants.
- Courts will be open daylight hours 8:00 am to 7:00 pm daily for New Canaan residents only
- Courts will be reserved in advance using the online reservation system. No telephone reservations
- Please check-in with the attendant upon arrival and be prepared to show your identification
- Play is limited to 1-hour with reservations on the hour
- Play is limited to SINGLES ONLY
- Please maintain 6-foot social distancing at all times. Recommended players do not switch sides of court
- No more than 6 balls permitted per court. Players mark their 3 balls and use those for play
- The use of disposable gloves is recommended at least on your non-racquet hand
- Transition and common areas surrounding your court still require the use of a protective mask. Masks are optional while playing
- No spectators, children or pets are permitted inside the courts while you are playing
- No tennis instruction permitted
A little about the High School Courts- 7 Post-Tension Concrete Tennis Courts exist as a Recreation Department Facility located at the south end of the Track. Parking is permitted at the High School adjacent lot. No bathroom facilities are available. The courts are open during daylight hours for tennis play only.
- From your computer https://www.newcanaan.tennisbookings.com
- You must “Create an Account” for the first time in order to get a username and password to access the system. All account requests require a one-time approval by Recreation Staff before you are active. We will be reviewing and approving twice a day.
- Once your account is approved, your selected username and password need to be used to enter the system. Select your day from the calendar, and select an open court time on the reservation sheet. Click the “Book” button on the left page.
- Follow the system prompts out to completion.