What We Do

Review plans for:
Sub-division applications
Building permits
Prepare requests for proposals (for equipment and services)
Evaluate proposals - recommend best
Issue purchase orders for equipment and services
Receive permit applications and issue permits for:
Driveways (new and reconfigured)
Sewer connections
Road openings
Evaluate drainage matters relating to public works facilities
(Drainage problems between two private properties are not considered by the Public Works Department)|Administer construction projects, i.e.:
Paving, sidewalks, drainage improvements, bridges and Town Buildings
Prepare plans, specifications, receive and evaluate bids, provide resident field inspection
Assist, when appropriate, various community activities, i.e.:
Garden Center, Garden Club, Clean Your Mile, etc.

Contact Us
Main Number 203-594-3054

Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Joseph Zagarenski, Senior Engineer

Maria A. Coplit, P.E., Town Engineer

Town Hall, First Floor
77 Main Street
New Canaan, CT 06840

Permit Applications
Click here to view our permits