As per New Canaan Town Code Chapter 170 all salons must be licensed. An annual inspection is performed to make sure all establishments are in compliance with Town Code.
Health Department Plan Review Application Procedure for New Hair and Beauty Shops
The Town of New Canaan Code, Chapter 170 Hair and Beauty Shops. If you read through this chapter, it tells you everything that you need to submit and all of the requirements.
The Barbershop, Hairdressing and/or Cosmetology Shop license application must be filled out and submitted with the plan review packet (click here). Also, please submit a check in the amount of $50 payable to “Town of New Canaan” for the Salon Plan Review fee.
After the Health Department has reviewed and approved of the plans, they will issue an approval for the construction of the facility. You also need to submit to the Building Department for any applicable permits and get their approval prior to construction. Once the facility has been constructed and prior to my final inspection, the following information will need to be submitted:
- Completed application (click here) with email address and attached required items.
- Brochure or sheet listing ALL SERVICES provided.
- Sanitation protocol
- Copy of cosmetology licenses – must be legible
- Copy of driver’s licenses – must be legible
- Signed tax form by both Assessor office and Tax Collector office
- $100 license fee (check or money order only).