New Canaan residents can submit ticks to the Health Department (77 Main Street, Vine Cottage) Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm.
- Please fill out tick submission form (available at Health Department or online). Click here for form.
- Tick needs to be placed in a small plastic vial for mailing – available at Health Department.
- Tick results will come via email – time frame depends upon how busy state lab is.
Alternatively you can bring your tick specimen to the Greenwich Lab. There is a fee. Please call 203- 622-7843 for more information.
- Tick Bites and Lyme Disease Information
- Children & Lyme Disease Facts
- Babesiosis Q&A Facts
- Lyme Disease What You Need to Know
- Tickbourne Disease Reference Manual - CDC
- Tick Management Handbook
- Don't Let a Tick Make You Sick Comic for Kids
- Pet Tick Check Graphic - CDC
- Managing Ticks On Your Property
- Powassan Virus-CDC