Tiny Tot Camp 2018 (Tiny Tot Camp will be held at SOUTH School)
ONLINE REGISTRATION- CLICK HERE
Children born within the year 2014 will enjoy a fun introduction to camp this summer held at the South School. The Tiny Tot Camp will be conducted on Monday through Friday from 9:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Arts & crafts, games, stories, songs, outdoor play, and a snack make up the activities each day. The camp has a staff to camper ratio of 1/6 and is limited to a maximum of 20 children in each two week session. All children must be toilet trained.
We require your pediatrician to submit an annual signed document, (and for this year it must be dated after January 1, 2018), that provides the following information: date of the last physical, copy of immunization record, and certification that your child may participate in all camp activities. The document must be signed by the doctor or a licensed advanced practice registered nurse or licensed registered nurse or a licensed physician assistant. The pediatrician may use their own “office form” provided it answers these questions or use the New Canaan Recreation Department Youth Camp Health Exam Record. Requirements- the document must be received and in our office before the child attends camp; the document must be dated in the current year 2018; the physical examination date must have been within thirty-six months prior to the date of arrival at camp. Please get health certificates in as soon as possible. Phone your doctor’s office and ask for the documents to be sent to the New Canaan Recreation Department. FAX: 203-594-3606 or by mail: New Canaan Recreation Department, Post Office Box 852 New Canaan, Connecticut 06840. Children will not be permitted to attend camp without the proper health certificate. Please be aware that the camp staff is not permitted to distribute medications to campers. If a child needs to take a certain medication during camp hours, the parent or caregiver can make an appointment with the Camp Director to visit the camp and distribute that medication to his/her child.
Program Dates and Fees 2018
Tiny Tot Camp
Birthdate eligibility (born between) January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Sessions 1 $275 per child per session; Session 2 or Session 3 $305 per child
Monday through Friday
SESSION 1: JUNE 25 - JULY 6 (no camp July 4)
SESSION 2: JULY 9 - JULY 20
SESSION 3: JULY 23 - AUGUST 3
OPTIONAL- Extended Day Program Tiny Tot Camp Lunch Bunch
Open to those registered for Tiny Tot Camp adds an extra hour (12:00-1:00) to the day for the camper. The staff will continue with crafts and activities and pick-up time will be 1:00 pm. Please send either a snack or lunch in the morning and remember no nuts, peanuts please. Parents can register by the week for this program. Fee: $50 per week per camper. Registration Click Here
cNew Registration Formatb
Parents may register either online or in-office starting Monday, February 26
Two ways to register:
- This procedure requires parents to have a system login which includes a username and password before you can register. If you do not have a username and password, please call the Recreation Department office @203-594-3600.
- If you have a child who is currently in Kindergarten, please check with the Recreation Department to make sure his/her information in the database reflects a date of birth and current grade.
- Registration payment via credit card will be required at the end of the online registration process.
- See “Late Registration Penalty” below
- Over the counter registration will require a completed camp registration form and full payment.
- See “Late Registration Penalty” below
- Registration forms are available online at the Recreation Department office in Waveny House. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- All camps are open to New Canaan residents only
- You may register children from only your family
- Late Registration Penalty- Camper registrations within one week of the start of the camp session require a supervisor approval and are subject to a $25 fee.
If a session is full, you may request to be placed on a wait list by contacting the Recreation Department Office @203-594-3600.