Camp Pee Wee 2016
Summer Day Camp Pee Wee will be held at the South School between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday including a schedule of activities in arts & crafts, athletics, earth science/nature, song singing, and story telling. Camper drop off at the north wing of the school off Gower Road between 8:45-9:00 a.m. and pick up at 1:00 p.m. daily. All campers should bring their own lunch including a beverage each day marked with the camper’s name in an insulated container with an ice pack. Clothing should consist of normal play clothes and footwear should be shoes or sneakers. Campers will receive a t-shirt to be worn each day to help identify with their group. All clothing, outerwear, costumes, hats, etc. should be marked with the camper’s name. Each two-week session of camp will include special events such as face painting, marshmellow roast, LEGO day, tie-dye shirt day, crazy hair day, and end with a special pee wee Olympics program. The camp has a staff to camper ratio of 1/5 and is limited to a maximum of 60 campers in each session.
We require your pediatrician to submit an annual signed document, (and for this year it must be dated after January 1, 2016), that provides the following information: date of the last physical, copy of immunization record, and certification that your child may participate in all camp activities. The document must be signed by the doctor or a licensed advanced practice registered nurse or licensed registered nurse or a licensed physician assistant. The pediatrician may use their own “office form” provided it answers these questions or use the New Canaan Recreation Department Youth Camp Health Exam Record. Requirements- the document must be received and in our office before the child attends camp; the document must be dated in the current year 2016; the physical examination date must have been within thirty-six months prior to the date of arrival at camp. Please get health certificates in as soon as possible. Phone your doctor’s office and ask for the documents to be sent to the New Canaan Recreation Department. FAX: 203-594-3606 or by mail: New Canaan Recreation Department, Post Office Box 852 New Canaan, Connecticut 06840. Children will not be permitted to attend camp without the proper health certificate. Please be aware that the camp staff is not permitted to distribute medications to campers. If a child needs to take a certain medication during camp hours, the parent or caregiver can make an appointment with the Camp Director to visit the camp and distribute that medication to his/her child.
Program Dates & Fees 2016
SESSION 1: JUNE 20 - JULY 1
SESSION 2: JULY 5 - JULY 15 (no camp July 4)
SESSION 3: JULY 18 - JULY 29
Camp Pee Wee
Birthdate eligibility (born between) January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2011
Session 1 & 3 $310 per session; Session 2 $279
Parents may register either online or in-office starting Monday, February 29 (9:00 am)
Two ways to register:
- This procedure requires parents to have a system login which includes a username and password before you can register. If you do not have a username and password, please call the Recreation Department office @203-594-3600.
- If you have a child who is currently in Kindergarten, please check with the Recreation Department to make sure his/her information in the database reflects a date of birth and current grade.
- Registration payment via credit card will be required at the end of the online registration process.
- See “Late Registration Penalty” below
- Over the counter registration will require a completed camp registration form and full payment.
- See “Late Registration Penalty” below
- Registration forms are available online at the Recreation Department office in Waveny House. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- All camps are open to New Canaan residents only
- You may register children from only your family
- Late Registration Penalty- Camper registrations within one week of the start of the camp session require a supervisor approval and are subject to a $25 fee.
If a session is full, you may request to be placed on a wait list by contacting the Recreation Department Office @203-594-3600.