Camp Pee Wee 2018
ONLINE REGISTRATION- CLICK HERE
Camp Pee Wee- Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
The Recreation Department sponsored Camp Pee Wee is truly a New Canaan tradition for New Canaan children. Assistant Recreation Director Bill Kapp oversees the staff and program presenting a daily schedule of social interaction, learning, physical exercise, and educational activities all staged in the outdoors at the camp location at South School.
Staff selection consists of a majority of high school and college kids from New Canaan who may be your neighbors, babysitters and friends. All are interviewed and selected based on their experience working with children. Pre-camp staff training focuses on camper interaction, bullying, conflict resolution, social skills, fun, friendships, first aid applications/emergencies, and more. The camp observes a staff to camper ratio of 1/5
The maximum enrollment per session is 60 campers. A mix of boys and girls are selected to small groups based on birthdate and are paired with a trained counselor for the two-week session. Parents will be able to request their child be assigned to a group with friends at registration time.
The camp daily schedule coordinates camper fun with arts & crafts, sports, earth science-nature, music/singing/games, and creative. These specialist led activities are pre-selected age appropriate for the campers. In addition, the two-week session will include special events of face painting, lego day, squirt gun painting, marshmallow roast, and more. The final day of each session invites parents to attend a special “Parents Program” showcasing camp songs, a special group song/skit, field day activities, and awards.
Compared to other private town camps, Camp Pee Wee registration fees are amazingly low and the best deal in town for all to afford. We work in conjunction with the public schools and social services to provide scholarship fees for qualifying families. We do not turn anyone away from their chance to attend Camp Pee Wee this summer. We have found the majority of graduating Camp Pee Wee campers continue on the next year to the Waveny Day Camp for continued enjoyment of Recreation Department sponsored summer camps.
We require your pediatrician to submit an annual signed document, (and for this year it must be dated after January 1, 2018), that provides the following information: date of the last physical, copy of immunization record, and certification that your child may participate in all camp activities. The document must be signed by the doctor or a licensed advanced practice registered nurse or licensed registered nurse or a licensed physician assistant. The pediatrician may use their own “office form” provided it answers these questions or use the New Canaan Recreation Department Youth Camp Health Exam Record. Requirements- the document must be received and in our office before the child attends camp; the document must be dated in the current year 2018; the physical examination date must have been within thirty-six months prior to the date of arrival at camp. Please get health certificates in as soon as possible. Phone your doctor’s office and ask for the documents to be sent to the New Canaan Recreation Department. FAX: 203-594-3606 or by mail: New Canaan Recreation Department, Post Office Box 852 New Canaan, Connecticut 06840. Children will not be permitted to attend camp without the proper health certificate. Please be aware that the camp staff is not permitted to distribute medications to campers. If a child needs to take a certain medication during camp hours, the parent or caregiver can make an appointment with the Camp Director to visit the camp and distribute that medication to his/her child.
Program Dates & Fees 2018
SESSION 1: JUNE 25 - JULY 6 (no camp July 4)
SESSION 2: JULY 9 - JULY 20
SESSION 3: JULY 23 - AUGUST 3
Camp Pee Wee
Birthdate eligibility (born between) January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2013
Session 1 $310 per session; Session 2 or Session 3 $345
Parents may register either online or in-office starting Monday, February 26
Two ways to register:
- This procedure requires parents to have a system login which includes a username and password before you can register. If you do not have a username and password, please call the Recreation Department office @203-594-3600.
- If you have a child who is currently in Kindergarten, please check with the Recreation Department to make sure his/her information in the database reflects a date of birth and current grade.
- Registration payment via credit card will be required at the end of the online registration process.
- See “Late Registration Penalty” below
- Over the counter registration will require a completed camp registration form and full payment.
- See “Late Registration Penalty” below
- Registration forms are available online at the Recreation Department office in Waveny House. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- All camps are open to New Canaan residents only
- You may register children from only your family
- Late Registration Penalty- Camper registrations within one week of the start of the camp session require a supervisor approval and are subject to a $25 fee.
If a session is full, you may request to be placed on a wait list by contacting the Recreation Department Office @203-594-3600.